As we get ready to say goodbye to 2017, I wanted to share two marketing resources with you that I believe will help you finalize your marketing plans for 2018. But, first, a few tips for some popular marketing activities:
- Conferences and Expos: What conferences does your target market attend? The last time I checked, HRmarketer listed over 918 HR conferences and expos for 2018, including reports that show you what events your competition engages with. You’ll exhibit at some of these events but don’t ignore all the others. Attend as many conferences as you can or at least engage with an event’s online discussion using the conference Twitter hashtag. And when budgeting what events you will participate in be sure to account for the TOTAL cost of participation: e.g., meals, accommodations, transportation, giveaways, etc.
- Speaking Opportunities: Each month there are dozens of new speaking opportunities announced by HR event organizers. HRmarketer customers receive notifications of these opportunities via email. Apply to some. Speaking is a great way to build a brand, network and generate leads. And don’t forget the 20+ HR podcast programs – they are always looking for speakers.
- Influencer and Analyst Engagement Programs: Setting up briefings with the key analysts is critical but before you schedule your briefings, you should be aware of their published content and social media presence. Follow them, curate their content and learn from them. To help, HRmarketer has listings of all the analysts in the HR space including their contact information, social media profiles and briefing policies.
- Social Marketing: Make sure you have enough content, or a system in place to produce ongoing content, to fuel your social marketing in 2018. And make sure that it is timely, non-promotional and speaks to the needs and interests of your target market. And don’t forget to be actively engaged on social media with your clients, partners, analysts, influencers and events.
- Advocacy: Employee and brand advocacy is growing in importance and will soon be a staple activity for all companies. To help, we’re releasing our own advocacy platform. I invite you to check it out. Ideal for marketing or employer branding purposes, HRmarketer Advocacy make it super easy for you to leverage internal teams and outside stakeholders to get your your content, jobs, news and other messages seen and engaged with by more people. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more and schedule a demo.
Ok, here are the two resources I promised. Enjoy!
Seasons Greeting and Happy New Year!