Note: An updated version of this list is available here.
A Twitter chat is a regularly scheduled “chat” that happens on Twitter through the use of a predefined hashtag. Some chats are hosted by industry analysts, some are bloggers and some traditional media outlets. To participate in the chat participants tweet with the predefined hashtag. Twitter chats are open, moderated virtual conversations that focus on a certain topic. Many chat participants use free services like Tweetdeck to filter conversations based on the chat hashtag so they can easily engage (tweet, retweet, favorite).
The benefits of a Twitter chat are numerous – both to organizers (your company) and participants (you). Learn how from this Social Media Examiner article 8 Ways Twitter Chats Can Benefit Your Business. Participating in Twitter chats can introduce you to hundreds of potential leads. Twitter chats are also a good way to stay current on industry news.
HRmarketer software streams thousands of industry hashtags (including Twitter chats). Our researchers compiled the following list of their favorite chats on HR, talent management, recruiting and related topics.
If we missed one of your favorites, share it by commenting on this post.
Our HR Twitter Chat Listing: hashtag, host(s), weekly scheduled and web site if applicable
- #PeopleSkills: Sundays, 10am EST; This TweetChat explores all aspects of people skills that impact business (communication, leadership, teamwork, customer service, leading change) as well as impact on non-work life.
- #InternPro – Mondays, 9pm to 10pm ET; Moderated by @YouTern. Discussion topics center around young professionals and typically include internships, job interview skills, personal branding and entry-level career development. Learn more.
- #LeadWithGiants – Mondays, 7pm EST; Hosted by @DanVForbes. A Community and TweetChat concentrates on Leadership, Life-Lessons, and Business. Learn more.
- #MillenialTalk – Tuesdays, 8pm EST; Host @ChelseaKros. A chat by and for Millennials focuses on topics such as money, career, education, lifestyle and health. Learn more. (OK, so not entirely HR focussed but considering Millennials are the largest generation in the workforce it’s probably worth monitoring).
- #NextChat – Wednesdays, 3 p.m. ET; Presented by SHRM @SHRMnextchat. A weekly live stream of conversation centered around a timely HR-related topic.
- #TChat – Wednesdays, 1-2 pm ET; Each week, hundreds of professionals from across Twitter engage in an intense live discussion about a selected workplace hot topic. Hosted by @MeghanMBiro.Visit the TChat official media page to learn more. Note: Beginning in February 2016 #TChat is now #WorkTrends
- #OMCchat – Fridays, 12-1PM ET; Moderated by @CyndyTrivella @TomBolt @LevyRecruits at @omcchat. A no-holds-barred career/job search weekly chat focused on providing atypical perspectives, and practical answers.
Again, if we missed one of your favorites, post a comment and share it.
Do Your Social Better With Get it Done! Socialsm
Spend 15-30 minutes per day on HRmarketer Get it Done! Socialsm and watch your brand visibility and social engagement rise. We make social fun.
Learn more and watch a video.