Our weekly recap of fundings, mergers & acquisition, partnership and other interesting news from the human resource, recruitment and employee benefits marketplace.
*This week’s fundings: $665M+
- Health Insurance Startup Oscar Raises $375M from Alphabet
- Chinese Coworking Company MyDreamPlus Raises $120M More, Plans Rapid Expansion
- WeWork China rival Ucommune raises $43.5M more at a $1.8B valuation
- AuditBoard, a CA-based cloud-software platform for enterprises to handle critical risk, audit and compliance work, raises $40M
- Payday Lender Wonga Reportedly Raises £10M
- Employee stress management solution meQuilibrium raises $7M
- BioBeats Closes £2.4M Funding Round; Renewed Focus on Revolutionising the Global Wellbeing and Digital HealthCare Markets
- To fight the scourge of open offices, ROOM sells rooms, nabs 2 million from Slow Ventures
- Vantage Point Secures $1.3M to Bring VR-Based Anti-Sexual Harassment Training to Enterprises
- Bellwether Financial Group Completes Capital Raise for HRsoft, a SaaS-based Compensation and Rewards Software Provider
- BirdDogHR Secures Investment by Providence Strategic Growth and Joins Arcoro
- Fusionetics Closes Investment from Stella Development
- ExakTime, a Time and Attendance Solutions Provider for Construction and Field Services, Announces majority investment by Providence Strategic Growth
- Alera Group, an Employee Benefits, Property and Casualty, Risk Management and Wealth Management Firm, Acquires Barnes Insurance & Financial Services
- Mercer Signs Agreement to Acquire Summit Strategies Group
- Mercer to Acquire Investment and Alternatives Consulting, and Wealth Management Operations of Pavilion Financial Corporation
- Provider, Vista Equity Partners Invests in iCIMS, Provider of Cloud-based Talent Acquistion
Get These Updates and More Timely News via Email
Sign up for our weekly email summary of the week’s funding, M&A, partnership and other timely news from the HR technology, recruitment, talent management and employee benefits space.
Sign up now.
- Capango and 3Pillar Global Partner to Create Groundbreaking Mobile-First Job Matching App for Retail Sector
- HRO Today Releases New Report on HR and Hiring Manager Satisfaction with Talent Acquisition Performance
- HRO Today and Alexander Mann Solutions Release Report: Human Resources New Technology for Second Quarter
- New Learning Modules Added to HR Genius for the Week of August 13, 2018 Including Best Practices in Managing Benefits, Employee Exits, and More
Week in Review – Popular Content
California may mandate a woman in the boardroom, but businesses are fighting it (TechCrunch)
California is moving toward becoming the first state to require companies to have women on their boards –assuming the idea could survive a likely court challenge. Read more.
Related: The founder of a top Silicon Valley startup got interrupted during a board meeting when he showed a slide of 5 new female hires, and it offers a lesson to other companies (Business Insider)
Tags: Gender Equality
How HR Can Enable People for the Future of Augmented Work (SHRM Technology)
Jeanne Meister believes that HR should take the lead in shepherding artificial intelligence (AI) software into the workplace, transforming the human resources function and enhancing the employee experience. Read more.
Tags: Future of Work, Artificial Intelligence
Discover Visibility Opportunities. Get Others Talking About You. Grow Interest In Your HR Brand.
Get More People Talking About Your Brand With HRmarketer Employee and Brand Advocacy Software
You have a great brand! You’re passionate about it. And others are too – when they know about you. HRmarketer helps your team become catalysts to spread the word about your awesome company.
Featured HR Conference
Sample HR Marketing Plan – Create Your Plan.
We created a sample HR marketing plan. Download your own copy and customize to your needs. Get The Plan.