Our weekly recap of fundings, mergers & acquisition, partnership and other interesting news from the human resource, recruitment and employee benefits marketplace.
*This week’s fundings: $210M+
- Asana, a work management platform for teams, nabs $50M growth round at a $1.5B valuation
- Upscale Co-working firm NeueHouse locks in $30 mln
- Enterprise messaging for startup Eko Communications raises $20M for its European expansion Targeting Business with a Mobile Workforce
- Wizbii, a Grenoble, France-based provider of a platform for youth employment and entrepreneurship, raised €10m
- Blue J Legal Raises US$7MM to Support US Expansion – Product Suite Includes Tax Foresight and Employment Foresight Solutions
- Background Checking and Regulatory Technology Group, PASS Technology Group Secures £3.25 Million in Funding
- LearnLux raises $2M from Sound Ventures, Marc Benioff to help employees make financial decisions
- Neotas, a London, UK-based digital intelligence business which provides enhanced due diligence and HR screening, closed a funding round of over £1m
- Tempo, a Reykjavik, Iceland-based provider of productivity-enhancing project management solutions, received an investment from Diversis Capital
- Special Counsel, a Legal Staffing Solutions Provider, Embraces The Cloud With RelativityOne Investment
- Workspace and Business Solutions Provider Fuigo Raises First Funding Round
- Hub International, an Insurance Brokerage, Receives Minority Investment from Altas Partners
- Wrike, a San Jose, Calif.-based collaborative work management platform for high-performance teams, Receives Majority Investment from Vista Equity Partners
- Alera Group Acquires Three New Firms: Acquisitions Expand Benefits and Risk Management Expertise
- Paychex to Acquire Oasis Outsourcing
- Sterling Acquires National Crime Check, an Australian Leader in Pre-Employment Background Screening
- Majesco Acquires Exaxe, EMEA Cloud Software Leader for Life, Pensions and Wealth Management
- Cisive Announces Acquisition of Pre-Employment Screening (PES) Business from Blue Umbrella
- Leadership Development Programs Need Updating to Shape Organizations’ Future – New Research from HR.com and Skillsoft
Week in Review – Popular Content
After 20,000 workers walked out, Google said it got the message. The workers disagree (Recode)
Recode’s Kara Swisher talks with six of the organizers of the Nov. 1 protests, who say the company’s response has been deeply inadequate.
Tags: Google, Workplace, Misconduct
Harassment in Workplace May Seem Obvious, Except When It Isn’t (Bloomberg Law)
-Court decisions leave unclear line between harassment and protected activity
-Two Trump agencies have paused work on joint guidance
-Picketing, union elections pose gray areas
Tags: Employment Law, Harassment, Unions
Discover Visibility Opportunities. Get Others Talking About You. Grow Interest In Your HR Brand.
Get More People Talking About Your Brand With HRmarketer Employee and Brand Advocacy Software
You have a great brand! You’re passionate about it. And others are too – when they know about you. HRmarketer helps your team become catalysts to spread the word about your awesome company.
National Workers Compensation and Disability Conference and Expo Dec 5th – Dec 7th Las Vegas, NV #NWCDConf
Sample HR Marketing Plan – Create Your Plan.
We created a sample HR marketing plan. Download your own copy and customize to your needs. Get The Plan.