Our weekly recap of fundings, mergers & acquisition, partnership and other interesting news from the human resource, recruitment and employee benefits marketplace.
*This week’s fundings: $65M+
- Australia-based workforce management solutions provider Humanforce raises $16m Series A from Accel-KKR
- Texas-based HR and benefits platform GoCo Raises $7M in Series A Funding
- London HR tech startup Distributed that uses AI to source talents gets fresh seed funding of €1.7M
- Corporate Financial Wellness Startup SmartPath Raises $2.7M in Funding
- Zestful, a Provider of Employee Perk Programs, Raised $1.1 Million in Funding
- Valued Launches with $1.7M in Seed Funding to Combat Workplace Bullying
- Telehealth Addiction Treatment Company Workit Health Raises Series A Funding Round
- Ultimate Software Going Private in $11 Billion PE Deal: Announces Agreement to be Acquired by an Investor Group
- Silver Oak Services Partners Makes Investment in Keystone Partners
- Talent Development Pioneer Acquires Online College to Close Middle-Skill Gaps
- Culture Amp buys Zugata to tie peer feedback with engagement
- Training Firm Besomebody Acquires Artificial Intelligence Startup Pixelbug
- Addison Group acquired Los Angeles-based DLC Group, a finance and accounting consulting and staffing firm
- PE-backed Relation Insurance Services buys J. Deutsch Associates
- Belcan Acquires Sitec Design Ltd. and Sitec Recruitment Ltd.
- Tallo Enters 2019 with New Partners and Nearly 400,000 Students on One of the Nation’s Largest Career Connection Platforms
- WORKTERRA Partners with Adsero Group Bringing Efficiency and Innovation to its Customers
- Benefits Brokerage and HR Software Company Bernard Health Partners with United Benefit Advisors
- MasteryTCN Welcomes New Content Partner, TrainingABC, to the Training Content Network
- HALO Recognition Makes Big Moves to Kick Off 2019; Relocates Headquarters to The Factory in Long Island City, NY
Week in Review – Popular Content
Why Are Young People Pretending to Love Work? (The New York Times)
I saw the greatest minds of my generation log 18-hour days — and then boast about #hustle on Instagram. When did performative workaholism become a lifestyle?
Tags: Workplace, Millennials, GenZ
Americans are lining up to work for Amazon for $15 an hour (Quartz)
After announcing it would raise its minimum wage to $15 an hour starting Nov. 1, the company said that was more than double its previous record for job applications received in a single month.
Tags: Amazon, Wages, Hourly Workers
The Ethical Dilemma Facing Silicon Valley’s Next Generation (The Ringer)
Stanford has established itself as the epicenter of computer science, and a farm system for the tech giants. Following major scandals at Facebook, Google, and others, how is the university coming to grips with a world in which many of its students’ dream jobs are now vilified?
Tags: Technology, Education
Discover Visibility Opportunities. Get Others Talking About You. Grow Interest In Your HR Brand.
Get More People Talking About Your Brand With HRmarketer Employee and Brand Advocacy Software
You have a great brand! You’re passionate about it. And others are too – when they know about you. HRmarketer helps your team become catalysts to spread the word about your awesome company.
International Association of Outsourcing Professionals (IAOP) – Outsourcing World Summit (OWS), Feb. 17 – 20, Orlando, FL #OWS19
Sample HR Marketing Plan – Create Your Plan.
We created a sample HR marketing plan. Download your own copy and customize to your needs. Get The Plan.